• Join us onGoogle+

  • Windows could not find any updates(SOLVED)




    First, let me say that I've been working on this issue for more than an hour, not including scan times...

    it's been a long night.
    Every time I tried to update Windows,
    I received an error 0x80070643 or 0xc8000247 (mostly the latter) saying Windows could not find any updates.
    It was obvious that it wasn't even trying to look for updates,
    so I assumed a port was blocked on my firewall or that I had incorrectly configured my new subnet.
    After carefully checking these options, I found nothing wrong. I tried downloading the updates manually,
    but they wouldn't install, throwing off error after error.

    So, from there, I started looking at malware..
    I pulled the HDD from my laptop and scanned using a dongle connected to a known-working PC.
    MSSE, Spybot S&D, Kaspersky and MicroTrend found nothing.
    I searched several forums (including Microsoft's forums) and found several ideas, but no working solutions.

    With no light at the end of the tunnel, I looked for disk issues.
    No errors with my CHKDSK /R and zero files needed to be replaced with my SFC /SCANNOW.
    That's when I checked the Intel Matrix Storage Manager software and found it out of date.
    After downloading the newest version from http://ftp.hp.com/pub...8000/sp47845.ex (add the e to the end of the link if you also need the software)
    and ran the installer in Administrator mode.
    Like a freaking miracle, it worked.
    If you come across this same issue trying to update Windows 7,
    please check to make sure this software is current,
    as apparently you can't even contact the update server,

    if it's out of date. Cheers. !!! :)


    For Further Reading,

    0 comments:

     

    Popular Posts on LT

    JOIN US

    Join us! Submitting your email add.: